Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cups N Canvas


Located in Dhoby Ghaut area along Selegie Road is a rather artsy cafe named Cups N Canvas. Well as the name implies, it combines coffee and canvas art it the same space where they are located.

The cafe is usually separated into two areas, one for food and drinks and the other for the art courses it provides. There, you are able to see art pieces created by people who go there for courses such as painting, printmaking and drawing. However, on days where no courses are held, the whole area turns in to a cafe.



I sat in front of the counter and this is the view I get. The place is set in warm lighting, giving a rather cosy feeling. There is also an alfresco area however I didn't manage to take a look at it as it was raining on the day I went.

The cafe provides a variety of food including cakes, pasta, sandwiches, and breakfast sets.

The sandwich (ciabatta) that my friend ordered. 

Breakfast Canvas

As you can see, the breakfast canvas is a spread. It includes a bratwurst sausage, eggs, roasted potatoes, mushrooms, grilled cherry tomatoes, mesclun, toast. Everything was so good i cleared the whole dish . I especially liked the sauteed mushrooms. 

For drinks, my friend and I ordered two beverages that we have not seen before anywhere else...

Cucumber Mint Tea

I'm not especially a fan of cucumber, neither am I a fan of mint. However, this drink was really refreshing, especially on a hot day. and the taste of cucumber and mint is well balanced. 

Sweet Potato Latte

And of course, how could I not order their sweet potato latte? It's not easy to find such a drink in Singapore and frankly speaking, I don't know where else in Singapore offers this. I was quite surprised when it came because of its colour. It may seem quite artificial but after tasting it, you would know it's genuine. I could taste sweet potato bits in it and hence giving the drink a little more texture. It is also not too sweet and I would say I enjoyed it a lot. A drink that I would definitely recommend. 

Overall, I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. It is a really nice place to catch up with one or two friends over nice food and drinks. The cafe is usually not crowded and I like that it is not noisy as well. If you are interested in canvas art, do check out their art courses as well!

Cups N Canvas
139 Selegie Road
Singapore 188309

Operating Hours:
Tues to Thurs: 10:30am to 10:00pm
Fri to Sat: 10:30am to 11:00pm
Sun: 10:00am to 8:00pm
Closed on Mondays


0 comments:

Post a Comment