Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Plain

50 Craig Road #01-01 Singapore
Just down the corridor where Selfish Gene Cafe is located, there lies another cafe - The Plain. As I entered the cafe, I was greeted by the friendly staff which also kindly made recommendations when I asked for it. The cafe made use of orange lighting to create a dimly lit, but warm ambience. The coffee fragrance filled the whole place, making me really looking forward to trying their coffee. This place offers espresso based coffee, and does not do drips.

menu

There's a dessert trolley located inside the cafe, holding cakes and pastries not on the menu. I was too full though, at that time to order food so I only ordered beverages instead.


My friend ordered a regular latte, with a pretty coffee art presented to us.


As for me, I decided to go for something I had never tried before - Iced Generra. It is basically coffee, but the special thing is it has a tinge of orange taste in it. Quite interesting, having a zesty feeling with coffee. To be honest, my first sip reminded me of the Van Houten orange chocolate. What surprised me more was that as I finished the drink, I found that there's orange peel inside. No wonder there zesty taste was quite strong, but not overwhelming till it covered the taste of the coffee.

Overall, this place is very welcoming, but it does get a bit noisy sometimes. Hence for those that prefer a quieter environment, this would not be as ideal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment